Awarding leadership in driving sustainable impact in the use of steel in built assets to improve environmental, social and economic outcomes.
1. Positive environmental impact (25 points): How does the project design demonstrate leadership to achieve positive environmental impact or outcomes? Include metrics as evidence.
Design for circularity, or circularity principles applied in construction. The implementation of the hierarchy of 4 R's (reduce, reuse, remanufacture, recycle) will be assessed including but not limited to;
Steel material selection sustainability credentials (e.g., EPDs, certified to SSA or any GBCA approved initiative).
Low emissions coatings used on steel products.
2. Positive social and economic impact (25 points): How does the project design demonstrate leadership to achieve positive social or economic impact or outcomes? Include metrics as evidence
3. Robust governance systems (25 points): How has the project demonstrated leadership in applying governance systems or processes, particularly regarding traceability and quality assurance throughout the project? Provide evidence.
4. Collaboration (20 points): How has the project demonstrated strong collaboration and stakeholder engagement across the supply chain and project stages (design and planning to construction) to enhance sustainable outcomes?
5. Does the project hold any accreditations to sustainable building rating systems including any Green Star rating, ISC rating or Living Building Challenge (5 points)? Provide evidence.